The Home Health Agency Finder iPhone app is available in the iTunes app store.
Search and find all medicare-registered home health agencies in the USA. Great for researching agencies or as a reference for industry professionals.
Search near your current location or find all agencies that service a particular zip code. Locate the agency on a map and call the agency directly from your iPhone or iPod touch. Research the services provided and compare quality measures against the state average on color-coded bar graph display. Agencies can be bookmarked as a favorite. A complete list of agencies is available, sorted by state and city. Search is available offline as the database is on the device.
- Find nearby home health agencies (you choose the distance from you up to 500 miles).
- Research agency services and quality measures- Display agency location on a map inside the application
- Find agencies servicing a particular zip code (good for finding agencies for others)
- Call an agency with the touch of a button. Uses iPhone to call or Skype to call on the iPod touch (if installed)
- Mark agencies as Favorites
- Find agencies by State and City
- Quality measures compared against the state average - particularly good or bad result are highlighted in green or red. The percent better than the average is shown on bar graphs for easy assessment
- Open location in Google Maps app to obtain driving directions
- Displays agency type, provider number and date certified
The nearby agencies feature works on the iPod touch with location services turned on and a working WiFi connection. Location accuracy on iPod touch will vary. For best results, use a GPS-enabled iPhone. Phone calls can be made with an iPod touch if Skype is installed and a microphone is available.
Agency data provided by medicare.gov, Sept 2009 data set.
Another fine iPhone application from GroundHum. Visit www.groundhum.com.